Home > FAQ



Yes, Wells International College is registered and accredited to provide Nationally Recognised Training by Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to both International and domestic students. Wells International College is also registered in the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses of Overseas Students (CRICOS). All of these are government bodies.
We are located right in the heart of the Sydney CBD and Brisbane CBD surrounded by shopping malls, cafes and restaurants. Buses and Trains are close by. We have state-of-the-art facilities including the latest computers and other technology. We offer free Internet access, library with apple computers, free tea and coffee, a fully equipped student common room with microwaves and a kitchen. Our Student room houses a wide-screen TV where you can play games or just laze around with your friends. Wells International College provides its students with information-packed USB lanyards including the Student Handbook and all the forms you will need. USB Lanyards cost $5 each. Please see reception.
Yes certainly. Wells International College’s Administrative and Teaching Staff are fully qualified for the work they perform. Our Teaching staff also attend professional development workshops regularly to ensure they are keeping abreast of the latest teaching pedagogy and industry trends.
By law, and as a condition of your student visa requirement, an International student must attend a minimum of 80% of the scheduled hours for the duration of the course. Wells International College has a very flexible timetable which allows you to complete the 15 hours face to face per week in 2 days or over 4 nights per week. Please refer to our sample timetable on the website. 25% (5 hours) of your course will be online. Total course hours are 20 hours per week.
Different countries have different visa processes. Wells International College advise you to check with your local Australian High Commission, Embassy or Consulate and ask for the ‘Student visa section’. They will advise you on what documents or other forms of evidence you may need. Alternatively, you may visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection website at http://www.border.gov.au/
Yes, International students can work up to 40 hours per fortnight whilst the course is in session. When Wells International College has scheduled breaks, you are free to work as many hours as you wish. Please refer to our Academic Calendar on our website for break periods.
Yes, you must fulfill the academic requirements of the course and that means handing in all assessable work to gain a qualification. Students who do not progress satisfactorily will be warned and monitored until they catch up. Students who still fail to fulfill the academic requirements of the courses will activate Wells International College Academic Intervention Strategies. Students who fail to make satisfactory academic progress throughout the course will not receive a qualification but will instead, receive a Statement of Attainment for those units that they did pass.
Yes, please make an appointment to see our Course Coordinator.
In Australia, you would go to see a General Practitioner (GP) first; they would then refer you to the specialist. There are quite a few around the city and if you live in the suburbs generally, there should be one close by. The Yellow Pages directory also has a complete list of doctors in Sydney.
In general, you would be expecting Summer from December to February, Autumn from March to May, Winter from June to August and Spring from September to November.
Sydney is a relatively inexpensive city. However, you will need your tuition fees plus about $300-$400 per week for living expenses depending on where you choose to live and how expensive your tastes are. For further information, please visit www.studyinaustralia.gov.au/.
The length of your student visa will depend on the total length of the course you apply for. For more information, please visit http://www.border.gov.au/
Please read your visa conditions, usually, a student visa would allow multiple entries while the visa is still valid. For more information, please visit http://www.border.gov.au/
Yes, you may if your current visa does not have the condition of ‘No Further Stay’. For more information, please visit http://www.border.gov.au/
You can study up to 3 months. For more information, please visit http://www.border.gov.au/
Most visas allow you to bring your family members to Australia as your dependants. Eligible family members include your partner and you and your partner’s dependent children. For more information, please visit http://www.border.gov.au/
Yes, while on a student visa, all international students must maintain their Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) at all the time.


No, the college process your application first. If all requirements are met, the College will send you a Letter of Offer and Written Agreement, please read all the information in it carefully. Once you agree and accept the offer than you are required to respond with the acceptance and the first instalment in order for the college to process further to issue you the Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for you to lodge for visa processing/extension.
Yes, you can. Please note that the granting of any RPL after enrolment may shorten your course and therefore the duration of your visa. Wells International College is obliged by law to recognise qualifications issued by other registered providers in Australia.


Please refer to the fees & payments. Fees may vary from time-to-time but are correct at the time of publishing.
Payment can be made to the institution through the following methods:
  • Direct Deposit into our bank account
  • Telegraphic Transfer – transfer of fees from Overseas bank account to our bank account
  • Bank draft or Bank cheque. Please make cheque payable as listed on the application form Debit and Credit card.
  • Please refer to the fees & payments for more informations.


Yes, you do. At orientation, you will have the policies and procedures explained to you. You will also select the timetable of your choice. For more information, please refer to our important dates.
Yes, you will be provided with your student ID card which you must wear all the time while on premises.
This is called a ‘Transfer between Provider’ and is subject to government regulations. You must complete the first 6 calendar months of your principal course (which is usually the highest course you have enrolled in) before you can apply for a release. A release letter can be given on very limited grounds.
Most Wells International College staff are multilingual. We have a receptionist at the front desk to assist with general enquires or if you wish to discuss about your study plans, you can make an appointment to see our Course coordinator. Wells International College also has a list of government and other agencies in the Student Handbook if you need outside assistance. Our staff are here to help you make your study experience as enjoyable as possible.
Yes we certainly can. We will provide academic counseling for you. Our Principal has a number of years of experience in the University sector and all of our staff have degrees from Universities so they can guide you on your choices.
The timetable can be changed within the first 2 weeks of the term. You are only allow to change the timetable once a term. To change the timetable, please complete the ‘Change of Class Timetable Request form’ and return the completed form to the receiption. Please note, you must remain in your allocated class until you receive a confirmation email from us for your new class.