Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol
Course Code: SITHFAB002
Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) training is a mandatory requirement for any person serving or supplying alcohol in a licensed premise.
This course has been designed to teach you the skills and knowledge required to provide responsible service of alcohol and to use these skills in a work place environment in accordance with all legal rules and requirements as set out by Liquor and Gaming NSW.
Due to the recent COVID-19 outbreak, and as our classes are face to face, we kindly remind all participants to wear your face masks and if you develop symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, fatigue and shortness of breath, to seek medical attention and call in advance. Follow the directions of the NSW Public Health Unit on 1300 066 055
1 day (6 hours plus breaks)
*10% discount offer applies to existing student, please contact us for more details
Lower Ground, 101 Sussex Street, Sydney NSW 2000
- One form of original photo ID (e.g. Passport, Australian Driver’s Licence or NSW Photo Card)
- Student Card (mandatory for current Wells International College Students)
- Pen and Paper to take notes
- USI (Unique Student Identifier)
Every student who undertakes nationally recognised Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Australia is required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI). If participant fails to produce a valid USI number, Statement of Attainment cannot be issued You can apply for you USI here: usi.gov.au
The unit applies to all levels of sales personnel involved in the sale, service and promotional service of alcohol in licensed premises. This includes:
- Food and beverage attendants
- Winery, brewery and distillery cellar door staff
- Supplier sales representatives
- Packaged liquor sales persons selling in person, over the phone or online
- Security staff who monitor customer behaviour
- The licensee who is ultimately responsible for Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) management
The course will include information about:
- Sell and service alcohol responsibly
- Assist customers to drink within appropriate limits
- Assess alcohol affected customers and identify those to whom sale or service must be refused
- Refuse to provide alcohol to a Customer in a professional manner
The course will be undertaken through written questions and roleplay.
If a student is unsuccessful in completing all assessments satisfactorily, they will need to rebook the RSA course at the full course fee.
Wells International College has been approved by Liquor and Gaming NSW to provide this course.
Once a competent mark is awarded, learners will be issued with a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment valid for 5 years.
Student will also be provided via email with a temporary / interim RSA certificate issued by Liquor and Gaming NSW (within 24 hours after upon successful course completion). This can be used to commence work and is valid for 90 days. After 90 days, a RSA competency card must be presented to work in any licenced premise.
To obtain the RSA competency card, the interim RSA certificate is to be taken to a registered Services NSW office to apply.
Remember to renew your NSW competency card every 5 years
Information on whether you need to complete licensee training can be found in the Licensee Training Tool at www.liquorandgaming.nsw.gov.au
Who can enrol:
- never held a competency card previously or whose competency card has been expired for more than 28 days
- must be at least 18 years old
This course requires a good command of written English. Participants must be able to interact with others as part of a team, both customers and staff, with the ability to read and write to enable effective comprehension relating to the course.
If you believe you may need some assistance to complete your course due to your Language, Literacy or Numeracy skills please contact Wells International College on (02) 9283 4388 prior to enrolling into this course
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
No refund will apply if you change of mind. Should you not attend the course or are more than 10 minutes late into the course, you will be required to book and pay for another course time. If you are currently sick with COVID-19 or have any symptoms you must notify Wells International College on firstname.lastname@example.org to reschedule your course date, or apply a credit in the amount you paid.